Tuesday 4 March 2014

Module One: Reflection on Assignment two

In assignment two we were asked to explain how two principles of cognitive development is applied in the classroom to make learning more meaningful for learners. I have chosen Vygotsky’s and Piaget’s principles because both principles have impacted on me effectively. I used the principles to extract from students what they know and build on that knowledge to encourage learning. I also applied the principles through class and group’s discussion and presentation to heighten students self esteem. The principles also helped me to learn from my students because they were actively involved in hands on activities and interacting with each other to arrive at a conclusion to the problem. These principles have taught me to allow students to discovery learning for themselves with me being a guide rather than telling them.



No comments:

Post a Comment