Monday 11 March 2013

Reflection on  Activity Three

This activity helps me to focus on the many different approaches teachers have to use when teaching. We cannot use the same approach when we are dealing with mixed ability students. Hence, we have to put in place the right planning and preparation when teaching ICT. 
ICT enables learners to function effectively in a technological world; it also provides an opportunity where learners seek way to improve the processing of information to use in their everyday lives. Some students learn better in school with computer- based technologies while some may find it a challenge. We as teachers need to be trained so we can implement what we have learnt in the classroom to help students better understand the concept of ICT and its uses.

This course is not about competition and who is more skilled than whom. It is about sharing, collaborating, team work, communication and growing as a team.  When I read through the article, I focused on the roles of learners and I have learnt so much. Through group participation, active engagement and frequent interaction and feed backs more effective learning had taken place.

Some of my colleagues and I guided each other when we were unsure about something and through our interaction I have grown as a teacher. Therefore, we need to give the same support to our students in the classroom and they too will grow and learn.

I like the mindmeister collaboration mind mapping. It reminded me of a concept map where many different ideas came out from a topic. This activity can be use with the students in my class where they can work and collaborate whatever ideas they have on a given topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment