Wednesday 6 March 2013

Two generation of teachers differences in attitudes towards ICT,

Reflection on activity two

After reading through the article on “Two generations of teachers differences in attitudes towards ICT," by Silvia Ferrero. I now have a new perception of how I see older teachers. Before I used to look at them as not being capable or equipped enough to learn everything they need to know in ICT. I had believed that the younger teachers were the ones with the drive and enthusiasm to perform the task using the necessary skills and knowledge they have learnt in ICT training and courses. 

However, this article has taught me to have an open mind and to think critically. I believe that a lack of professional and technical assistance impedes the progress of the older teachers who are sometimes held to ransom by the more computer literate younger teachers. Research has shown with training and expertise in the ICT skills, older teachers are not as fearful and illiterate as I had thought. Instead they show perseverance and willingness to excel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment