Friday 12 September 2014

Module 8 (Activity 6): Pros and Cons of one to one learning with ICT

In this activity I learnt a great deal about the pros and cons of one to one computing with ICT from my colleagues’ online researches and discussions. These discussions and researches have helped me to differentiate between the other technology enhancements pros and cons. Some of the points that stood out the most in the pros and cons are:

Pros:
  •  It encourages students to develop the skills needed to improve their performance.
  • It allows students to develop their oral communication skill.
  • It allows students to work at their own pace.
  •  It caters for the slow learners.
  •  Students will be responsible for their own learning.

Cons:
·         
  •      It can be time consuming.
  •      It requires effective planning.
  •      It would not be beneficial to all students because of the mixed ability
  •      It will be too expensive to maintain and service all the computers.
  •      Some students might be frustrated if they are not getting through
     After completing this activity, my aim is to use all the information gained from it to help me enhance my ICT skills and attitude. Also, to help develop my learner's competency in using one to one learning with ICT to boost their confidence and overall goal.
I

No comments:

Post a Comment