Friday 12 September 2014

Module 8_ Activity 8 (E-Safety Policies)


As I looked back at this activity, I was reminded of the many safety rules and measures that we teachers have to safe-guard to ensure safety is carried out while our students are on cyberspace. In researching and designing the school e-safety policies in the activity, I reflected on my own experience of teaching a lesson with e-safety. That lesson helped me to carefully examine my role as a teacher and my aim to help safe-guard my students from cyberspace. In order for my aim to be successfully achieved, I came up with these school e-safety policies. They are:
• Students should be taught responsible behavior and protection while online.
• The principal delegates’ responsibility to staff on teaching e-safety rules/messages to all students.E• Students should be supervised at all times when using the internet.
• Students should have a clear and defined educational purpose for their search.
• Access to blocked sites for educational purposes should be implemented by the ICT coordinator to ensure safety.
• Pupils should be aware that the use of the internet is for the purpose of the teaching/learning process and not personal agenda.
• The use of social networking (facebook, messenger, skype) should be prohibited for learner of a certain age group.


If these policies are effectively carried out, then our students will be safe from the dangers of cyberspace and this will help them to communicate and collaborate information better.

No comments:

Post a Comment