Saturday 6 April 2013

Reflection on activity six

 I enjoy the reading done by Mr. Wheeler's on the role of the teacher. I think the article is very informative and it helps to prepare us in the field of ICT (in the classroom and our everyday lives). What stands out most to me in the article is his abstract statement where he mentioned 'teachers need to adapt to change if they are to survive and keep pace with new methods and technologies.’ This is so true because in a developing world like this where technology is on the rampage we have to be prepared. I know too many teachers are comfortable with their old teaching practice and do not see ICT as a better method as compared to their way of teaching and hence it is difficult to get them to think differently where ICT is concern. I know I am one of those teachers who use to complain a lot about too much work, but now I am learning to appreciate the use of technology in my everyday situation/ experiences and what it can do for me especially in my teaching and learning practice. As teachers we need to upgrade ourselves to the use of ICT skills and we will be better able to present and deliver our lessons effectively and in turn the students will benefit greatly because we are their guides. I know with the right attitude toward ICT integration we can make teaching and learning a very successful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment